Treater Investors and Qualified Employees – E-2

Treater Investors And Qualified Employees

Business Immigration: E-2 Treaty Investor Visa

The E-2 Trader Investor visa allows nationals of a country that maintains commercial and navigation treaties with the United States to enter and reside in the United States while making a significant investment of monetary value in the United States. The U.S. Department of State maintains a list of qualifying countries. Certain employees of the qualifying organization can also apply for the E-2 Treaty Investor Visa – see below.

E-2 Treaty Investor Eligibility

In order to qualify for the E-2 Treaty Investor Visa, the investor:

The investment capital may not be marginal. That is to say that investment must be substantial and sufficient in either an existing or new entity being created to ensure the successful operation of the entity. A capital investment that does not have the capacity to generate enough income to support the treaty investor and their dependants may not be allowed unless the new entity shows that it can demonstrate a plan to generate sufficient income five years from the date that the E-2 visa was issued.

Period of Stay

A treaty Investor or an employee will be granted an initial stay of two years. The treaty trader can apply for extensions in increments of two years before the initial period expires. There is no limit on the number of extensions a treaty investor can apply for.

Family of E-2 Treaty Investor

The family members of E-2 Treaty Investor or employees may also apply for dependent E-2 visas. The family members include spouses and/or unmarried children less than 21 years of age. The spouses may also apply for work authorization and would be able to work without specific restrictions.

How can we help?

The Law Offices of Trupti N Patel & Associates – Business Immigration Attorneys, Boston – have experience in obtaining E-Treaty Investor visas on behalf of their clients. If you are looking for an experienced Immigration Attorney to help you or your organization apply for an E-2 visa, please call us at (617) 367-6750.

If you plan on attending a consultation with one of our immigration attorneys, in person, please see the Directions to our Office


Client Testimonials

Star Icon

“Thank you so much for all of the hard work you have put in to the process of helping me become a permanent resident. This has been a long journey that has been challenging at times. It has taken 6 years, 3 jobs, 2 states, 2 renewals of my H1-B, multiple trips to embassies/consulates in…

Read More
AG A Greig
Star Icon

“First to say – i finally received a green card with these guys help! Everyone working at this law office is very knowledgeable and responsive. I have been working with them through my employer and it has been several years. My H1B was approved through this law office as well. I recommend anyone who is…

Read More posted on Logo
S Shin K.
Star Icon

“It is recommended that one should have an immigration lawyer handy. I recommend that this attorney be Trupti Patel. My case was not straightforward and they were very helpful. They get a lot of referrals and very busy but always available when you need them. I found them very knowledgeable about all types of immigration…

Read More posted on Logo
H Harvik R.
Star Icon

We are extremely happy with the Trupti N. Patel & Associates services, and it has been almost ten years that we have been working with Attorney Patel and her staff for all our US non-immigrant visa and immigration requirements and they consistently provide us with outstanding value. Their fees are extremely competitive, yet they offer…

Read More posted on Logo
V Vishrut Shah
Star Icon

Trupti Patel associates are the best professional law firm and highly knowledgeable staff. Really appreciate the patience and empathy presented by Trupti and AnnMarie during all stages / scenarios they handle on each case. Highly recommend Trupti Patel associates if you want prompt, trusted and knowledgeable team to address any visa cases. Thank you.

Read More posted on Logo
N Nandan Chandrashekar
Star Icon

The team at TNP does a good job gauging the client’s needs and attending to them. I have had a fair share of ups and down with the defunct legal immigration process here in America and the TNP team has helped me navigate the same. I would particularly like to recommend legal assistant Ms. AnnMarie…

Read More posted on Logo
R Rahulraju Rudraraju Murali
Read All Testimonials
The American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) is the national association of more than 16,000 attorneys and law professors who practice and teach immigration law. Bagde Logo
The American Bar Association is a voluntary bar association of lawyers and law students, which is not specific to any jurisdiction in the United States. The mission of the ABA is to be the national representative of the legal profession, serving the public and the profession by promoting justice, professional excellence, and respect for the law. Bagde Logo finds and reviews the top service professionals in over 200 industries across the U.S. Each month, we research more than 60,000 businesses to help customers find the best-qualified professional for their needs. Bagde Logo
The Better Business Bureau (BBB) is a private organization that provides the public with information on businesses and charities. Bagde Logo
The Women's Bar Association (WA) of Massachusetts has over 1500 members and was founded in Boston, Massachusetts in 1978 with a goal to achieve the full and equal participation of women in the legal profession and in a just society. Bagde Logo
Boston Bar Association is dedicated to advancing the highest standards of excellence for the legal profession, facilitating access to justice, fostering a diverse and inclusive professional community, and serving our city. Bagde Logo
The Massachusetts Bar Association (MBA) is non-profit organization that serves the legal profession and the public by promoting the administration of justice, legal education, professional excellence, and respect for the law. Bagde Logo