Immigration: P-2 Visa

The P-2 visa is available for an individual performer or part of a group entering the United States to perform under a reciprocal exchange program. In order to qualify for the P-2 visa, the entertainer or artist whether they are an individual or part of a group must show that they are coming to the United States temporarily to attend a performance as a part of government recognized reciprocal program. They must also show that they have skills and abilities comparable to artists/performers in the United States.

Support Staff

The accompanying staff who provide essential support for an individual artist/performer or a group can also qualify for the P-2 visa. To qualify the support staff must show that their past experience of working with the artist/performer well as a written contract of their role as it pertains to the individual or the group.

Period of Stay

USCIS will determine the initial time the artist/performer/group can remain in the United States based on their evaluation of the time that will be needed for completion of the event. This initial period of stay could be up to a maximum of one year. This may be extended in increments of one year.

Family Members

The spouse and unmarried children (under the age of twenty-one) of the participating artist/performer/group members can apply for a P-4 visa. The family members cannot work while in the United States but may full or part-time course of study.

How we can help…..

If you are an artist/performer/group member looking to participating in an event that will hosted in the United States, please contact the Law offices of Trupti N Patel & Associates – Business Immigration Lawyer Boston – to see how we can help you with questions on the immigration process of attaining the P-2 and P-4 visas.

If you plan on attending a consultation with one of our immigration attorneys, in person, please see the Directions to our Office
Law Offices of Trupti N Patel & Associates
One Boston Place, 201 Washington St #2600, Boston, MA 02108
(617) 367-6750